Round-Robin Director Backends

Corey Hammerton CoreyH at ganz.com
Mon Oct 3 16:24:30 CEST 2011

Are there any plans to make the Varnish directors be able to read the backend response WITHOUT having to put it into VCL code?

For instance, a client requests an asset (a picture) that is present on one server and not on any of the others, if the response from the current backend server is a 404 automatically go to the next backend configured in the director.