Varnish drops connections and make several HTTP 206

Kurt Kraut listas at kurtkraut.net
Fri Oct 7 20:17:48 CEST 2011

Hi,

What I'm reporting is not true HTTP 206 requests for resuming downloads or
genuine HTTP clients requesting for these. The logs I provide below of wget
and cURL shows that Varnish is deliberately dropping connections, forcing
the HTTP client to attempt to resume the download. So the HTTP is a
consequence of a issue generated by Varnish. This started to affect me on
version 3.0 and currently in 3.0.1

Bellow is a URL containing a full output log for the command wget --verbose
http://varnish.kurtkraut.net/1GBtest.zip

Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/hfYRhKq7

Also, the output of cURL: http://pastebin.com/CuMr3mbp

You may reproduce the issue trying to download
http://varnish.kurtkraut.net/1GBtest.zip - I will leave this URL online for
the next weeks.

What do you think? Is it a bug?

Thanks,