question about varnish

jdzstz - gmail dot com jdzstz at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 12:59:31 CEST 2011

Varnish relies on cygwin to run on windows plataform, so if cygwin is not
working ok, you must fix it before.
You have more information about cygwin at: http://www.cygwin.com/
<http://www.cygwin.com/%20>

They say that cygwin works on windows 2008 server 64 bits, but running in 32
bits compatibility mode:

http://www.cygwin.com/faq/ <http://www.cygwin.com/faq/%20>

*What versions of Windows are supported?

Cygwin can be expected to run on all modern 32 bit versions of Windows,
except Windows CE and Windows 95/98/Me. This includes, as of the time of
writing this, Windows NT4 SP4 or later, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows
Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, as well as the
WOW64 32 bit environment on released 64 bit versions of Windows
(XP/2003/Vista/2008/7/2008 R2). As far as we know no one is working on a
native 64 bit version of Cygwin. Since Cygwin is a community-supported free
software project, patches to provide support for other versions would be
thoughtfully considered. Paid support contracts or enhancements are
available through Red Hat. For information about getting a Red Hat support
contract, see http://cygwin.com/license.html.

Keep in mind that Cygwin can only do as much as the underlying OS supports.
Because of this, Cygwin will behave differently, and exhibit different
limitations, on the various versions of Windows.
*

But i have googled a bit and found people with some issues with that
operating system:

   - http://old.nabble.com/Windows-2008-64-bit-install-td30813342.html
   -
   http://old.nabble.com/Bash-startup-problems-on-Windows-2008-server-td18110908.html