req.url in vcl_recv

Stroomer, Jeff Jeff.Stroomer at disney.com
Wed Oct 12 06:01:40 CEST 2011

Varnish folks,

Suppose the incoming URL in Varnish is http://xyz.com/a/b/c.  What should I expect to see as the value for req.url inside vcl_recv?  I've seen plenty of example vcl code that seems to say req.url will contain /a/b/c.  But  it looks like  I'm actually getting the full URL, i.e., http://xyz.com/a/b/c.   Is this correct?  If so, why to all the examples seems to say the http://xyz.c/om/ prefix will be stripped off?  If it  makes a difference, I'm running Varnish 3.0.1 on Ubuntu 11.04.

Thanks,

Jeff