Nginx & Varnish NFS

Joshua Levine jlevine at iwin.com
Wed Oct 12 23:31:36 CEST 2011

On Oct 12, 2011, at 9:52 AM, Domnick Eger wrote:

> Hi Group,
>
> We are starting to use Varnish, and noticed when some content that lives on NFS mounts don’t actually works when Varnish is enabled. Anyone else have this issue ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Domnick.

I have not noticed the issue you report, however for NFS I note that we have nginx between varnish and an apache backend for some of our content, (routed by varnish). This allows apache to serve as the central management for most/all virtual hosting, rewrites, and expires headers, however for large files on NFS, it lets nginx manage local disk caching saving the majority of the NFS overhead.

Joshua