Problem with custom error page

Audun Ytterdal audun at ytterdal.net
Wed Oct 19 10:57:42 CEST 2011

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 10:43 AM, Allan Jacobsen <aja at danskespil.dk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am making my own 503 error page, at most things work fine, but I would like to tell the viewer which of the 2 backends it is that gives the 503, and i can't seem to find the right variable for this. I have tried req.backend which gives (null) and some others, but no luck.

req.backend should be ok. I'm using
                                        <li>URL: http://"} +
req.http.host + req.url + {"</li>
                                        <li>Referer: "} +
req.http.referer + {"</li>
                                        <li>Request: "} + req.request
+ {"</li>
                                        <li>Time: "} +
obj.http.x-vg-utc + {"</li>
                                        <li>Client: "} + client.ip +
{"</li>
                                        <li>User-Agent: "} +
req.http.user-agent + {"</li>
                                        <li>X-VG-Device: "} +
req.http.X-VG-Device + {"</li>
                                        <li>Cache: "} + server.ip +
{"</li>
                                        <li>Backend: "} + req.backend
+ {"</li>
In my error-page

Varnish defaults backend is the first backend you list in your config.
If you don't set it explict it will use the default and the
req.backend will probably be "null" so my first backend is

backend unassigned {
        # Wildbill
	.host = "10.84.200.5";
        .port = "80";
}

And set it all backends expliclty in the vcl_recv.

--
Audun Ytterdal
http://audun.ytterdal.net