beresp.cacheable on Varnish 3.

Hugo Cisneiros (Eitch) hugo.cisneiros at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 19:30:36 CEST 2011

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 6:09 PM, Jeroen Ooms <jeroen.ooms at stat.ucla.edu> wrote:
> I am using varnish among other things to cache a wordpress site. I just
> upgraded to Ubuntu 11.10, and thereby also the default varnish is updated
> from 2.1. to 2.2. However I'm getting an error now: Unknown variable
> 'beresp.cacheable'.

For a more detailed listing of changes from 2.x to 3, see:

https://www.varnish-cache.org/trac/browser/doc/changes.rst
Section: Changes from 2.1.5 to 3.0 beta 1 -> VCL

Many things changed.

Here I had to modify these items:

- return(pass) on vcl_fetch is now return(hit_for_pass)
- For concatenating strings, you must now put a "+" between them.
- obj.cacheable and beresp.cacheable are gone. Must change to *.ttl = 0s
- purge() function is now named ban()

--
[]'s
Hugo