max simultaneous connections per client IP

Jeroen Ooms jeroen.ooms at stat.ucla.edu
Fri Sep 9 20:04:31 CEST 2011

I posted the question below a couple of weeks ago, but unfortunately there
wasn't a single answer. I would still be very interested to hear if this
would be possible, or if there is an alternative approach in which varnish
can to some extend help me prevent a dos from a single user. Thank you very
much.

I am using the .max_connections config to limit the total maximum