Varnish as Redirection Server

Jonathan Matthews contact at jpluscplusm.com
Tue Apr 10 12:43:19 CEST 2012

On 10 April 2012 11:36, Kelvin Loke <kelvin1111111 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using Varnish purely for redirection and cater for below scenario:

This may be the wrong list on which to state this opinion but, if
you're really *only* doing redirection, I'd look at using nginx for
this task. YMMV, as may other list members, but this does seem to me
to be using Varnish to its own disadvantage.

> 1. If http://www.abc.com/url1, redirect to http://www.abc.com/url2
> 2. If http://www.xyz.com/url1, redirect to http://www.xyz.com/url2
>
> I tried to put the req.http.host variable inside, but Varnish has
> error when restarting

You're going to get more help here if you post the error and its context.

Jonathan
--
Jonathan Matthews
Oxford, London, UK