Varnish is not always adding X-Forwarded-For

Doug Eubanks admin at dougware.net
Fri Aug 3 16:17:35 CEST 2012

We need Varnish to always add X-Forwarded-For so that we can see the
visitor's IP when they submit a poll answer.

We have this setup, but we are still seeing about half of our requests not
include the X-Forwarded-For header.

sub vcl_pipe {
        set bereq.http.X-Forwarded-For = req.http.X-Forwarded-For;
        set bereq.http.X-Forwarded-For = regsub(bereq.http.X-Forwarded-For,
        set bereq.http.X-Forwarded-For = regsub(bereq.http.X-Forwarded-For,
"$", client.ip);
        set req.http.connection = "close";
}

Sincerely,