Remote access to varnish stats / nagios and varnish

Oddur Snær Magnússon oddur at ccpgames.com
Fri Aug 10 13:00:51 CEST 2012

Hi,

I want to monitor some varnishstats (cache hits/misses/bandwith) from my varnish instances with nagios. I've found this https://github.com/varnish/varnish-nagios/commits/master but it seems you are running varnish and nagios on the same machine (or using a npre agent on the varnish box).

What would be ideal for me is to expose a single url that just responds with counter values, possibly just the full output of "varnishstat -x".

Very similar to http://wiki.nginx.org/NginxHttpStubStatusModule for nginx.

If it's possible to access to counter values using inline C, I guess this would be possible using that.

Best regards,

Oddur Snær Magnússon
Senior Programmer | Reykjavík | Iceland

:wq