Remote access to varnish stats / nagios and varnish

david raistrick drais at icantclick.org
Mon Aug 13 17:48:09 CEST 2012

On Fri, 10 Aug 2012, Oddur Snær Magnússon wrote:

> What would be ideal for me is to expose a single url that just responds with
> counter values, possibly just the full output of “varnishstat –x”.

Um.  Sounds like you want access to the management port.

from the varnishd man page:
        -T address[:port]
               Offer a management interface on the specified address and port.  See Management Interface  for
               a list of management commands.

https://www.varnish-cache.org/trac/wiki/ManagementPort

For us, -T :6082 does the trick - we poll our stats from there.

echo "stats" | nc $server $port

and parse and go.

--
david raistrick        http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html