Remote access to varnish stats / nagios and varnish

david raistrick drais at icantclick.org
Mon Aug 13 23:22:07 CEST 2012

On Mon, 13 Aug 2012, Per Buer wrote:

> The implementation of "stats" wasn't really up to scratch and was ditched in
> Varnish 3.0. However, wrapping "varnishstat -1 -x" in a tiny CGI service is
> probably a 15 minute job.

What? really?  wtf?  stats is gone from the management interface?

Damn good thing we never updated to 3.0...and sounds like we never will.
:(

Network services absolutely -must- provide network interfaces for
statistics polling!  IMPO.

While not perfect, the stats interface was significantly better than
-every- other competing product out there.  :(

--
david raistrick        http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html
drais at icantclick.org       ascii ribbon campaign - stop html mail