can vcl.load continue with unused backends?

Carlos Peñas theistian at gmx.com
Tue Aug 21 16:10:14 CEST 2012

Hi all.

I've found this [0] DenverCoder9's issue in the trac. In the resolution
of that issue its said "This has already been fixed in trunk where you
can set a parameter to turn these errors into warnings.//"

Well, I'm trying to find that option but in the ticket there's any
clues. I also checked the docs and varnishd man page but still can't
find any reference.

I'm using varnish 3.0.x from apt packages. There's a way to compile a
VCL with a backend defined but not assined?

Thanks.

* [0] https://www.varnish-cache.org/trac/ticket/846