Fwd: Trouble getting varnish to forwards on to SSL on port 443

doug livesey biot023 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 11:23:37 CEST 2012

Hi, Tobias -- thanks very much for that.
So are you saying that I need some other software on there, too, to be able
to send on SSL requests?
I had adapted my vcl file from this tutorial:
http://www.lullabot.com/articles/varnish-multiple-web-servers-drupal
The hope was that, whilst varnish doesn't handle SSL, I would be able to
forwards on requests on port 443 (SSL requests, obviously) to be handled by
the servers that varnish was caching for.
I'm not trying to have varnish handle the SSL authentication or anything,
just to pass the request on.
Is that not possible?
& thanks again for your reply,
   Doug.