Conditional Backend Requests

Geoff Simmons geoff at uplex.de
Mon Dec 3 19:52:04 CET 2012

On 12/03/2012 02:51 PM, Chris Read wrote:

> Is there any update on when the proposed "Backend Conditional Requests"
> feature will make it into Varnish? (
> https://www.varnish-cache.org/trac/wiki/BackendConditionalRequests )
>
> The last official word I could find on it was that it would be revisited
> once 3.0 was completed.
>
> I've experimented with the branch and it looks pretty good, my concern
> though is that it was last merged with master in February, and a lot of
> work has been done since then.

Unfortunately at the moment there is little to add to what you've
already found out.

On the developer day at VUG in early October, we talked about plans for
upcoming releases, and I would guess that the feature will make it into
a 3.1 or 4.0 release. But it wasn't possible to set a timetable.
Realistically, I doubt that there will be any new releases before the
end of the year.

And yes, the experimental-ims branch needs some catching up with the
master branch.

I'm sorry I can't be more specific. At any rate, the feature will be
integrated, everyone's sure of that.

Best,
Geoff
- --
** * * UPLEX - Nils Goroll Systemoptimierung

Scheffelstraße 32 (ACHTUNG: neue Adresse)
22301 Hamburg

Tel +49 40 2880 5731
Mob +49 176 636 90917
Fax +49 40 42949753