How to select a backend from a vmod?

Baptiste bedis9 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 18:57:36 CET 2012

Hey,

Why not chaining Varnish with HAProxy?
Your varnish has a single way out, HAProxy. Then in HAProxy you can
either use_backend or use-server that can be combined with any type of
layer 7 information to take routing decision.
This routing decision can take their logic from a raw text file you
can update with a basic script (needs a haproxy reload of course)

my 2 cents :)

Baptiste