Varnish and Streaming questions

Per Buer perbu at varnish-software.com
Mon Jan 16 15:34:39 CET 2012

Hi.

I'll keep top-posting since mixing quoting styles suck.

We did release a 3.0.2s which can be found here:
http://repo.varnish-cache.org/test/3.0.2+streaming/

It has received a fair amount of testing and is used in production in
several installations. Martin is working with PHK on re-factoring the code
for inclusion in git-master. This feature will be part of the next major
release of Varnish and if our customers want us to we'll continue to
maintain the 3.0.Xs variant of Varnish Cache.

Best regards,

Per.

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 3:02 PM, AD <straightflush at gmail.com> wrote:

> I believe you are looking for this fork of Varnish
> https://github.com/mbgrydeland/varnish-cache-streaming
>
> It has enhanced streaming support.  It doesnt seem at this point there are
> plans to merge this into the official codebase yet, although from reading
> planet varnish it seems they are working on building a 3.0.2s release with
> this formally baked in.
>
> @Tollef/@Per any thoughts on formal integration based on the post here
> https://www.varnish-software.com/blog/http-streaming-varnish
>
> Regards,
> AD
>

> On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 6:03 AM, Teemu Antti-Poika <
> teemu.antti-poika at reaktor.fi> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm interested in upgrading our Varnish installation to the latest and
>> greatest. We serve large files and the streaming support is of interest:
>> previously we've had to disable Varnish caching for huge files in order for
>> our servers to be responsive.
>>
>> I'm testing the release announced in November:
>>
>> https://www.varnish-cache.org/**lists/pipermail/varnish-**
>> announce/2011-November/000677.**html<https://www.varnish-cache.org/lists/pipermail/varnish-announce/2011-November/000677.html>
>>
>> Is there anything I should be aware of about the release? Any known
>> issues? The reason I'm asking is partly because the streaming support does
>> not seem to have made it's way to the official release versions, yet.
>>
>> Thanks for any observations,
>> Teemu Antti-Poika

Per Buer, CEO
Phone: +47 21 98 92 61 / Mobile: +47 958 39 117 / Skype: per.buer
*Varnish makes websites fly!*
Whitepapers <http://www.varnish-software.com/whitepapers> |
Video<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7t2Sp174eI> |
Twitter <https://twitter.com/varnishsoftware>