varnishlog doesnot work sometimes, can you give some help, thank you very much!

曾智敏 zengzhimin628 at 163.com
Thu Jan 12 04:24:21 CET 2012

varnish version: varnish-2.1.3
varnishlog doesnot work  sometimes, when we implement the varnishlog command,it prints nothing on the screen.

we  deploy  a varnish on our web service , it works  normally , but  the varnishlog does not  work sometimes.  The varnish is ok ,it can also reply the request of client when the varnishlog does not work  .

Our application scene is that  the varnish accepts 50 thounsand batch requests within 2 minutes  five times everyday and the most requests can hit the cache.   The varnish accepts batch requests on these time :00:00 ,04:00,08:0,12:00,16:00 and 20:00  .

The problem usually happends on  20:00  ,  when the varinsh accepts 50 thounsand requests within 2   minutes ,the varnishlog does not work .but when it can restore work some time later , it usually restore work  on next 00:00

we have traced the problem when the varnishlog does not  work, some problem happends on these method below:
mgt_cli_askchild
child_poker
mgt_cli_cb_before
cls_vlu
The  code is so  complicated ,we can not  understand completely , can you give us some help to resolve the problem , because the varnishlog can help us locate some web problems, it is very useful to us

we will look forward to your response. thank you very much !

Best regards!

                                                                                                  Yours sincerely,
                                                                                                             zhimin Zeng
                                                                                                                2012.1.12