Purge multiple varnish servers (cluster controller)

Jaap van Arragon j.vanarragon at lukkien.com
Thu Jul 5 17:34:32 CEST 2012

Hello,

We are considering a geographically distributed infrastructure with a
varnish instance in several continents. Because we have multiple servers we
want to make purge requests to all the servers at once (small delay is
acceptable). There are a few posts about the cluster controller feature of
Varnish ( https://www.varnish-cache.org/trac/wiki/CLI )  but I can¹t seem to
find any example for how to configure the cluster controller.

Can someone show me an example config or are there other ideas about purging
to multiple servers (our application doesn¹t support the option for entering
multiple IP addresses, because the IP are frequently changed and for every
change we need to restart our application ;-( )

Thank you in advance

Regards,

Jaap van Arragon