Zero-Downtime Servicing of a Varnish Server Behind a F5 BIG-IP

Steven Engelhardt sengelha at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 23:24:18 CEST 2012

Because of the usage patterns of the web service, I'm not sure that even a
1-second timeout would be sufficient to get all HTTP client connections to
close.

The idea of setting sess_timeout to be 0 was strictly in the context of
taking a Varnish server out of service, in order to (somewhat indirectly)
force the out of service Varnish server to close all its HTTP connections.
 We would restore sess_timeout to a sensible value before putting it back
in service.

Steve

Steven Engelhardt
sengelha at gmail.com