Varnish Error - Fresh install.

GITSS gits.systems at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 07:22:57 CEST 2012

Hello,

I'm using varnish-2.0.6-2.el5-x86_64 on CentOS 5.8 64-bit, when i run a
restart command i recieve this error

root at orient [/etc/varnish]# service varnish restart
/etc/sysconfig/varnish: line 42: -p: command not found
Stopping varnish HTTP accelerator:                         [  OK  ]
Starting varnish HTTP accelerator:                         [  OK  ]
root at orient [/etc/varnish]#

to check /etc/sysconfig/varnish file

DAEMON_OPTS="-a :80 \
             -T localhost:6082 \
             -f /etc/varnish/orient.sameerbook.com.vcl \
             -u varnish -g varnish \
             -s file,/var/lib/varnish/varnish_storage.bin,1G"
             -p thread_pools=8 \
             -p thread_pool_max=5000 \
             -p thread_pool_min=100 \
             -p thread_pool_add_delay=2 \
             -p sess_timeout=60"

The -p command i just add it from this thread:
http://techshihab.wordpress.com/2012/03/05/install-varnish-cache/

As i beleave these command to make the Varnish accept more connection
quickly for servers who had a huge connection ( ex: my website had each day
more than 30.000 visitor per day and a 1500/2000 live visitor sometimes per
second ).

Hence i don't know if these commands are right or not as i see the error
when i did restart for varnish.

*Please let me know if there any other commands/feature for Varnish to
handle huge connection like mine.

Kind Regards,
-J