503 Error with Varnish - What does this mean?

Kervin L. Pierre kervin at adevsoft.com
Mon Jul 30 16:38:33 CEST 2012

Varnish throws 503 errors for a variety of underlying reasons.  You may need to check "varnishlog" to get some more information, the "FetchError" tagged messages will help you narrow down the cause.

It can be that one of a variety of timeout values have been exceeded, backend is intermittently available, etc.

Best regards,
Kervin

Adevsoft Inc
Business Software Development