Question about srcbody in VCL_conf

Gordon Schmidt gordon.schmidt at unister-gmbh.de
Tue Jul 31 10:10:18 CEST 2012

On 30.07.2012 15:44, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message <4FF1818A.6080403 at unister-gmbh.de>, Gordon Schmidt writes:
>
>> while trying to optimize varnish performance for my company i've
>> noticed, that removing all comments from the vcls used in our
>> configuration tribles the requests per seconds from an easy ab test with
>> 100% cache-misses.
> How big is your VCL with/without comments ?

Hi,

my vcl config is set up to provide caching and load balancing for about
20 portals with several backends each.
By now I have written a small python script to minify the vcl config by
removing comments and empty lines and also resolving includes.
So i'm using just one VCL-File with 33316 bytes instead of a
configuration of 110 vcl files with 41635 bytes in sum.

Regards
Gordon

--
E-Mail-Signatur

*Gordon Schmidt*
Softwareentwickler - QA

Unister GmbH
Barfußgässchen 11 | 04109 Leipzig

Telefon: +49 (0)341 65050 - 25757
gordon.schmidt at unister.de <mailto:gordon.schmidt at unister.de>
www.unister.de <http://www.unister.de>

Vertretungsberechtigter Geschäftsführer: Thomas Wagner
Amtsgericht Leipzig, HRB: 19056