Conditional Backend Request with stale objects

Claudio Devecchi cdevecchi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 20:26:00 CEST 2012

Hello Everybody,

I'm using varnish 3.0.2 and I need to do the following:

For example:

- I have a object with ttl 5m, after this time, when I receive a new
request, it pass to backend and backend returns a 200 code, putting the
object in cache again.

My problem is:

- I want to varnish to check in backend if the object was modified or not
  - if modified ok, I get a 200 and everything continues
  - if not modified, I want varnish to check the backend and receive a 304,
keeping the object on cache like before.

Somebody could help me with this?

Tks
Claudio