Varnishlog truncating cookie headers

Stefan Pommerening pom at dmsp.de
Thu Jun 21 17:54:18 CEST 2012

Hi,

varnishlog (using 3.0.2) seems to have a built-in limitation only
displaying up to 255 characters in a single header line.

Today I had a pretty hard time fiddling around with a bunch of cookie
fragments and regular expressions in order to realize client director
stickyness depending on a set of session conditions. Although I got it
working finally it would have saved me some time if I could see the
entire cookie header line in varnishlog.

Is there any option I might have missed to enable displaying the
complete headers - even when longer than 255 characters?

Thanks a lot,
Stefan Pommerening

--

*Dipl.-Inform. Stefan Pommerening
Informatik-Büro: IT-Dienste & Projekte, Consulting & Coaching*