File served without vcl_fetch() being invoked.

Vedad KAJTAZ, Kigo Inc. vedad at kigo.net
Thu Mar 1 09:42:29 CET 2012

Hi,

Le 29/02/2012 14:16, Vedad KAJTAZ, Kigo Inc. a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I'm totally new to Varnish, so I might be missing something obvious.
>
> I have an issue with the following setup, where vcl_fetch() doesn't seem
> to be invoked (most of the time) for a particular file (evidence by
> syslog).

I've done a new test session with varnishlog output as requested by
"perbu" on the General discussion forum:

The vcl file is unchanged:
http://pastebin.com/ZqM7A5LP

Syslog output (note that vcl_fetch() unconditionally calls std.syslog):
http://pastebin.com/dAp5HDiG

Varnishlog:
http://pastebin.com/KkwHpyTD

Backend log:
http://pastebin.com/Bd60xSmY

Chrome inspector log;
http://pastebin.com/J03ctk5Z

Result:

URL
/img/cfbc7c98bf8f0a9081a5178b26582ab4090571844992f9fefa30a1fa20fa3668.png is
fetched from backend by varnish and received by client, but is neither
logged by syslog (hence, vcl_fetch was never invoked) nor by varnishlog.

Thanks,
Regards,