Going crazy to mitigate slow read

Damon Snyder damon at huddler-inc.com
Fri Mar 9 18:09:26 CET 2012

Another way of doing this in nginx in front of varnish. See the limit_*
directives in nginx http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpLimitZoneModule#limit_zone.
It depends on your application, but typically, if you have an abusive
client(s), you end up serving a lot of the requests from varnish so your
apache processes never sees the bulk of the requests. Additionally, your
apache threads are a more finite resource, so you want to keep them from
all being occupied by the flood of requests if you can.

Hope this helps,
Damon