varnish *slowing* down site, any ideas?

Chris Davies isp at daviesinc.com
Wed Mar 28 03:38:27 CEST 2012

On Mar 27, 2012, at 7:31 PM, Zachary Alex Stern wrote:
> One of our sites seems to experience random slowdowns when varnish is enabled. It will take between 5-20 seconds to load, fairly frequently. Our other sites all seem unaffected.

Is the one site handling large files? sockets? Is it a particular file extension? dynamic page? should the page be cached?

Run varnishlog and see if you can catch a few of the responses that are delayed, that will give a bit more information about what varnish is doing. What version of Varnish, what OS?