Newbie: How do I install Varnish?

Jean-Christian BEDIER jc.bedier at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 10:07:56 CEST 2012

I think that i will mark this mail as my favourite one.

Le 30 mars 2012 à 09:27, Kunmi Sheba Foods <kunmi at shebafoods.com> a écrit :

Hello everyone,

Can someone please share answers to my questions:

1. I am using regular linux and downloaded Varnish Cache
3.0.2 varnish-3.0.2.tar
    where do I put the files?

2. I read here
https://www.varnish-cache.org/docs/3.0/installation/install.html#source-or-packages
run commands, but don't know where am to be to run the backups.
-  should I be in one of the folders in the tar file above to run the
commands?

3. What messages should I see to confirm that Varnish is properly installed?

4.  Please share any other pertinent information.

If you are in the U.S. and can call to walk me through the steps.  Please
call me on 770.982.1000.

Thanks for your attention.

Kunmi