Varnish is restarting frequently

emilio brambilla emilio at antispam.it
Tue May 8 22:41:23 CEST 2012

hello,

On 2012/05/08 8:02 PM, Sparsh Gupta wrote:
> I have a bunch of Varnish servers (Exactly same configurations,
> caching different keys on Intel 2650 series Computer + 16GB RAM + 32GB
> SSD each). I am enclosing my configurations and settings along with my
> current varnishstats.
>
> I am looking for more debug information and how to find the route
> cause of my varnish getting restarting every 6-8 hours (all varnish
> servers)
>
> VARNISH_STORAGE_SIZE=32G
> VARNISH_STORAGE_MALLOC="malloc"
if you have 16 Gb of phisical ram you should not malloc 32 Gb, but
something less than 16 Gb (usually 20% less than the phisical)

how many swap did you set on these boxes? maybe the varnish is
restarting because the kernel cannot allocate the ram it want.

if you want to use more than space you may use 'file' instead of
'malloc' (but I don't know if it's a good idea to use SSD for the
cache.... how many rewrite does your ssd allow?)

--
bye,
emilio