Varnish is restarting frequently

emilio brambilla emilio at antispam.it
Wed May 9 15:46:52 CEST 2012

hello,

On 2012/05/09 2:40 PM, Sparsh Gupta wrote:

> Before buying the boxes, I read that fast SSDs are good enough for
> Varnish. I got fast read write SSDs available these days on the servers
I'm not concerned about performance of the SSD, but about the
reliability: SSD has a limited number of rewrite cycle and you may hit
this limit with very dynamic cache.

note: I'm not saying you will hit the rewrite limit, I'm just asking if
it may be a problem (I'm using malloc all-in-phisical-ram for all my
varnish installation)

--
bye,
emilio