Cookie set on beresp not present on next request

Lasse Karstensen lasse.karstensen at gmail.com
Thu May 10 21:25:55 CEST 2012

Torben Pedersen:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to use Varnish + a cookie to control access from mobile devices. I've seen other people doing similar, but I can't get it to work.
[..]
> Set-Cookie:nomobile=1; expires: Session; path=/; domain=.
> This seems to be correct. So now I call
> https://<server>
> And I expect not to get redirected since the Set-Cookie is present. But the nomobile=1 is not present in request / Cookie. I don't quite get why ?
> Any ideas ?

The "domain=." part stands out a bit. Are you sure this is accepted by the
browser? Is the Cookie included on the next request?

As a reference you can check out the documentation for device detection
in Varnish:
https://www.varnish-cache.org/docs/trunk/tutorial/devicedetection.html
https://github.com/varnish/varnish-devicedetect/

--