policy

Per Buer perbu at varnish-software.com
Mon May 14 10:20:57 CEST 2012

Hi.

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 2:29 AM, shahab bakhtiyari <shahab371 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi again
>
> The link does not say clearly what policies varnish uses rather discusses
> about problems implementing LRU .. does it mean that varnish is using LRU
> and only LRU  for both Ram and disk object replacements?

You're quoting wrong.

Varnish doesn't know what is on disk and what is in memory. Varnish
maintains one global LRU list. Actually I think it keeps one LRU list for
each stevedore. So you could tweak stuff somewhat by sending objects to
various stevedores. You can set beresp.storage in vcl_fetch to pick the
backend.

--
Per Buer, CEO
Phone: +47 21 98 92 61 / Mobile: +47 958 39 117 / Skype: per.buer