More objects in malloc storage?

Richard Zuidhof richard at zuidhof.nl
Tue May 15 16:14:38 CEST 2012

Due to a bug in 3.0.0 or 3.0.1 we had to switch back to file storage
instead of malloc last summer. Until now I had not bothered to change it
back after upgrading to 3.0.2 because I thought the increase in efficiency
would not matter too much for a relatively small server. To my surprise
there was an unexpected side effect. After I switched the config from 2G
file to 1500M malloc the number of objects in the Varnish cache increased
from 58000 to 115000. Less memory, more objects.Is this by design? Can
anyone explain this?

Kind regards,

Richard Zuidhof