Multiple storage with multiple backends

Javier Casares javier at casares.org
Fri May 18 12:27:41 CEST 2012

Hi!

I'm readin this:

-s [name=]type[,options]
    Use the specified storage backend. See Storage Types for a list of
supported storage types. This option can be used multiple times to
specify multiple storage files. You can name the different backends.
Varnish will then reference that backend with the given name in logs,
statistics, etc.

In my sysconfig file I have this (it's a demo try):

-s malloc,128M \
-s file,/var/lib/varnish/varnish_storage_1.bin,128M \
-s file,/var/lib/varnish/varnish_storage_2.bin,512M"

Is possible to asign in the VCL backends what kind of storage use in
each backend, or by host or something similar? How can I do it?

Javier Casares
http://javiercasares.com/