Including library to compile default.vcl

Hugo Cisneiros (Eitch) hugo.cisneiros at gmail.com
Tue May 29 01:02:08 CEST 2012

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 9:39 AM, Arun Dobriyal
<arundobriyaliitkgp at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am extending the default.vcl file, by including some library and doing the
> function calls to this library..
>
> Now while generating the c code by varnishd command, varnish reports the
> missing library path (because I didnt know where to include the library)
> Had it been a normal c file, I would have compiled using -L option, how to
> compile the default.vcl in this case and where to include libraries ?

Hello,

Use the cc_command command line option (-p) to pass the extra options
to the VCL compiler. The command 'param.show' will show you the run
time parameters used. You can set this option on
/etc/sysconfig/varnish (rh/centos/fedora) or /etc/default/varnish
(debian/ubuntu).

If you're using Debian/Ubuntu, you might get into trouble because the
init script isn't accepting spaces on the -p options. This posts shows
how to fix this:

http://my.opera.com/cstrep/blog/2011/11/30/how-to-start-up-varnish-with-a-custom-cc-command-on-debian

--
[]'s