Multi-language (cookie) site configuration

silentneedle at Safe-mail.net silentneedle at Safe-mail.net
Wed May 23 11:41:05 CEST 2012

Hey list,

I'm trying to setup varnish for a multi-language vbulletin forum. The language is set through a cookie (bblanguageid).

My current configuration is: http://pastebin.com/wCKZUcTX

Now I've tried to cache a separate version if the bblanguageid=2 cookie is present:

sub vcl_hash {
     if (req.http.cookie ~ "bblanguageid=2") {
            set req.hash += "deDE";

But it doesn't seem to work, it still always show the language at cache generation.

Is there anything else that I need to do?

Thanks!