Clustering of Varnish Cache

Soumendu Bhattacharya soumendu_bhattacharya at non.agilent.com
Tue Nov 6 12:27:13 CET 2012

Hi ,

        I am new to Varnish and we are in the process of trying out Varnish
for our website. So far is has been a very good experience (this is not yet
in Production) keeping in mind the business logic built into this site. I
tried searching for documentations or archives in this mailing list - but so
far haven't found anything conclusive.

Can someone please highlight if Varnish can do the following :

1.       Varnish Cache clustering (ie different physical servers hosting
Varnish will share the same cache among them ). If this is doable , can
someone give a brief of how they have implemented this. Currently we have
only tested Varnish with cache as malloc or file .

2.       Can the above be done if Persistent Store is used (i.e cache
clustering using Persistent Store). ? if yes, would be really obliged if
someone can provide some pointers as to how to set this up.

3.       Is Persistent store an option for a Production environment ? ( read
somewhere that its experimental).

Regards

Soumendu