High delay between accept'd and processing

Jonathan.Huot at thomsonreuters.com Jonathan.Huot at thomsonreuters.com
Fri Nov 23 10:57:20 CET 2012

Hi all,

We're doing some tests with Varnish, and I'm trying to understand some timings.

With a very low traffic (<5 req/sec), I got sometime a delay of several *seconds* in the fourth number of ReqEnd [1].

For example, if I parse timings for only one RxURL and filter values by HIT :
minimal value : 0.000062704 s
maximal value : 5.040635347 s
average : 1.50531 s
number of requests : 300

Someone has clues to help me to understand what's going on? Maybe some specific varnish or linux stats to check ?

[1] : https://www.varnish-cache.org/trac/wiki/Varnishlog#ReqEnd

--
Jonathan Huot
Thomson Reuters

This email was sent to you by Thomson Reuters, the global news and information company. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Thomson Reuters.