Varnish regular expression evaluated at compile time.

Tollef Fog Heen tfheen at varnish-software.com
Thu Oct 11 12:46:28 CEST 2012

]] Hugues Alary

> I don't know if it's gonna be the solution I'll adopt, but at this very
> moment I only have that or coding a vmod. However I don't think that coding
> a vmod is a solution as I would just implement something (regular
> expression evaluation at run time) that phk says being too expensive.

Yes, compiling it is expensive, but if you can afford it or not is
obviously going to depend on the amount of CPU you have and your request
rates.

We currently don't support doing runtime compilation of regexes (as you
discovered), so a vmod would be a way to go for now.

--
Tollef Fog Heen
Technical lead, Varnish Software