Multi sites to one Apache

Per Buer perbu at varnish-software.com
Tue Oct 23 09:03:40 CEST 2012

Hi Ben,

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 4:17 PM, list, mailing <list at sprymed.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to setup varnish on a multi domains to go to one apache server
> then let apache handle everything after caching.

You don't need to do anything. Varnish does this out of the box. Just
define the backend and if there is only one Varnish will automatically send
all traffic to it.

> When I search online People breakout the backend's by domain name.
>
> I do see to add:
> sub vcl_hash {
>     set req.hash += req.url;
>     if (req.http.Accept-Encoding) {
>         set req.hash += req.http.Accept-Encoding;
>     }
>     #set req.hash += req.http.cookie;
>     return (hash);
> }
>
> for hashing per site.

What you're doing here is totally different and it is not related to what
you are trying to achieve.

--
 <http://www.varnish-software.com/> *Per Buer*
Varnish Software AS