Can vmodules provide functions with optional arguments?

Mikhail T. mi+thun at aldan.algebra.com
Mon Oct 22 22:54:54 CEST 2012

The subject says it: can functions provided by a loaded module have optional
arguments? So that one could, for example, say:

    g2o_verify(req.http.X-Akamai-G2O-Auth-Data, req.http.x-akamai-g2o-auth-sign,
    req.path)

or:

    g2o_verify(req.http.X-Akamai-G2O-Auth-Data, req.http.x-akamai-g2o-auth-sign,
    req.path, *600*)

I'd like the last (optional) argument in this example to be filled-out by
Varnish if omitted by the caller. It does not seem like vmod.py currently
supports anything like it, but I wanted to check... Thanks!

    -mi