Can't reach hostname or port 80

Paul A. Procacci pprocacci at datapipe.com
Tue Apr 16 06:00:52 CEST 2013

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 11:02:15AM +0800, Angela Wang wrote:
> I'm using Varnish on Nginx. I have varnish configured to run on port 80
> and Nginx on port 8080. Nginx is also configured on a hostname. However,
> I can not reach IP_ADD:80 or hostname, but I can reach IP_ADD:8080.
> Paste is available here http://paste.ubuntu.com/5712101/

"Can not reach" is kinda vague.  Can you telnet to the port at all?
If you can, what happens during an http exchange?
What log files do you have that you can share?
etc., etc.

~Paul

This message may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise us immediately and delete this message. See http://www.datapipe.com/legal/email_disclaimer/ for further information on confidentiality and the risks of non-secure electronic communication. If you cannot access these links, please notify us by reply message and we will send the contents to you.