Website migration using Varnish?

Hugo Cisneiros (Eitch) hugo.cisneiros at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 17:12:45 CEST 2013

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 11:58 AM,  <superoverdrive at gmx.de> wrote:
> What if there is several domain names and the response depends on the
> domain?
>
> Will Varnish pass the request domain name on to tomcat and apache?

Yes. Varnish will send the request to the backend as it received. This
includes the Host header that specifies the domain name.

We set up a custom header in vcl_fetch only if it's a 404 status and
the backend is the java one. If you need, you can add as many
conditions as you like to the logic and it'll fallback to the php
backend.

--
[]'s
Hugo