How to make multiple clients can get the response at the same time by stream.

Xianzhe Wang wxz19861013 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 07:59:03 CET 2013

Thank you for help.

I would like to show the detail of my thinking:

1. Client requests /foo.jpg, And the request header has an additional field
which called x-rewrite-level (x-rewrite-level have three value: 1,2,3,
indicate different rewrite level). For example some request header may
contain the "x-rewrite-level: 1".
2. Varnish looks up foo.jpg based on "url + req.x-rewrite-level" hash
value, at the first time it will miss.
3. Varnish goes to backend and asks for /foo.jpg and backend responds.
4. Varnish notifies that this should be rewritten, and rewrites it
according to x-rewrite-level value by the rewrite module.
5. The rewritten image replaces the original one(fetch from backend) in the
varnish storage.
6. Subsequent request /foo.jpg with req.x-rewrite-level = 1 will hit the
rewritten object in varnish.
7. Subsequent request /foo.jpg with req.x-rewrite-level = 2 or 3  will miss
based on "url + req.x-rewrite-level" hash value. It goes to step 3.

The request with the same url and different x-rewrite-level value will
receive different image from varnish.
Varnish should store 3 different objects  according to x-rewrite-level
value(1,2,3)

Regards,
--
Shawn Wang