Varnish with mod prefork vs mpm worker with mod-fcgid

Dridi Boukelmoune dridi.boukelmoune at zenika.com
Wed Feb 27 11:08:39 CET 2013

Hi,

I have no idea whether this could help but I had trouble with CGI in
the past because of headers being renamed or rewritten.

An RFC sample:
The header data may be presented as sent by the client, or may be
rewritten in ways which do not change its semantics. If multiple
headers with the same field-name are received then they must be
rewritten as a single header having the same semantics.
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-robinson-www-interface-00

So basically, I had trouble with headers not being seen because they
were renamed, and thus ignored by the application which changed its
behavior.

Best Regards,
Dridi