simple configuration

Shibashish shib4u at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 14:41:32 CET 2013

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 6:07 PM, Friedrich Locke
<friedrich.locke at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> i have just installed varnish and this is my first message to the list.
> I did i very simple configuration. I edited /etc/varnish/default.vcl.
>
> I included the following lines:
>
> backend default {
>         .host = "aton.cpd.edu.br";
>         .port = "80";
> }
>
> I stress loaded the my site, now being served by varnish, but i
> noticed no performance improvement.
> I would like to do a minimal configuration just to see how fast
> varnish could do.
> Is there something more i need to configure in order to get the taste
> of varnish ?
>
> Thanks in advance.

You need to describe more...

   - What test tool are you using?
   - Do you know if the pages are being served by Varnish or being passed
   on to your webserver?
   - If varnish is being MISSed, then you have to find out reasons for the
   same and rectify

ShiB.
while ( ! ( succeed = try() ) );