How to make multiple clients can get the response at the same time by stream.

Per Buer perbu at varnish-software.com
Wed Jan 30 16:36:15 CET 2013

Hi,

I was a bit quick and I didn't read the whole email the first time. Sorry
about that. You're actually using the streaming branch, already I see. What
you're writing is really, really odd. There is a slight lock while the
"first" object is being fetched where other requests will be put on the
waiting list. However, when the hit-for-pass object is created these should
be released and pass'ed to the clients.

If the backend takes forever coming back with the response headers then the
situation would be something like what you describe. However, that would be
odd and doesn't make much sense.

PS: The streaming branch was renamed "plus" when it got other experimental
features. You'll find source
https://github.com/mbgrydeland/varnish-cacheand packages at
repo.varnish-cache.org/test if I recall correctly.

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 3:32 AM, Xianzhe Wang <wxz19861013 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Thanks a lot.
>
> I tried option
> "set req.hash_ignore_busy = true;"
> in vlc_recv.
> I think it works. But there are side effects: it would increase backend
> load.
>
> I have an idea about it in my previous email. what do you think about it?
>
> Another question is that where can I find the "plus" branch of Varnish
> which matches this issue.
>
>  Any suggestions  will be appreciate.
> Thanks again for help.
>
> Regards,