Swap exceed & Child not responding to CLI, killing it

Andreas Plesner Jacobsen apj at mutt.dk
Wed Jul 3 15:03:19 CEST 2013

On Wed, Jul 03, 2013 at 01:29:23PM +0200, Hans Schou wrote:

> Our default ttl is 0 seconds and is controlled by the backend
> (Typo3). Typically pages has a ttl in 10 minutes. Images and the
> like are always with ttl 1 hour.
>
> I did not expected the non-cachable to go into transient. Is that
> what happens?

Transient will be used in three cases:

1) Any content with a TTL lower than the "shortlived" parameter, which defaults
to 10 secs.
2) Any content that we can't make room in the storage backend (usually due to a
too low "nuke_limit"). If this happens the TTL should be set to "shortlived",
but that was broken in pre-3.0.3 (bug #1140).
3) I believe your 0 ttl content would hit transient, and probably stay there
for $beresp.grace seconds

So you're probably hitting 2. Try upping the nuke_limit.
It may also be 3 if your grace is high.

> I wonder if it could help to add and specify transient like this:

That would probably just end up 503ing, since Transient would get filled, and
due to the low nuke_limit, we'd be unable to free space there, and then there
would be nowhere to go for new objects.

--
Andreas